Monday, September 26, 2011

My Dream House

A few weekends ago our two families spent a weekend in the mountains together with a day trip on the boat to Lake Jocassee. We enjoyed the ride, scenery, a picnic, and a swim. My dream house would be on this lake. It is huge with only about 20 houses on it due to the power plant's protection regulations. Isn't is beautiful?!


The Dads
I believe we already have my realistic dream house, Cole's family's mountain house.

My real dream house is any house that I can call a home with Cole. Right now, that is our small condo here in Charleston, and I am very content with it!

I am reminded of these verses that promise believers that this earth is not our home, and that we should hope and long after another home, heaven.

Hebrews 11:13-16 "...they admitted they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own...they were longing for a better country - a heavenly one...God has prepared a city for them."

2 Corinthians 5:2-4 "Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile, we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."


1 John 2:17 "The world and it's desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.


And this quote by C.S. Lewis “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...