Saturday, September 10, 2011

Good-Bye Summer Reading

I am sad to realize that my blissful summer reading days are over. School has started with a bang, which leaves no time for pleasure reading. 

Here is how my summer reading list came to a close. Not so bad I have to say! I guess it will be Christmas break before I pick up any of the others. 

1. Heaven is For Real
2. And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers
3. Radical by David Platt
4. The Moon and the Mango Tree by Pamela Ewen
5. What Did You Expect? by Paul David Tripp
6. Desiring God by John Piper
7. Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper
8. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis (on book 5 of 7)
9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
10. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
11. Peace Child by Don Richardson
12. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
13. Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
14. Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon
15. Operation World
16. The Bible

*Bolded ones I am reading now. 
*See my post here on the last two. I am on month 3 of 12! 



Wonderful summer memories reading on the beach!
Reading on Sullivan's Island
I couldn't resist this self-timer photo last week! Cole was on call until midnight, and I was really in to the last few chapters of "The Help". I can't image a better way to end my summer reading...On the couch, in Cole's t-shirt, with a comfy blanket, in dim light, captivated by a book, chocolate popsicle for dessert in hand!!!
Finishing up "The Help" last week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...