Monday, April 18, 2011

Middleton Place

Cole and I have seen the best of Charleston this spring! For my birthday last year, my 3 best friends in pharmacy school gave me a gift certificate for Cole and I to use for Middleton Place Plantation. I have held on to it for almost a year now, waiting until the flowers were at peak. This past week they were, and  we went on another "staycation". 
Molly, Lesli, Alison, and I
There are many things about school that make me wish I were working instead, but one thing I love is the freedom of flexibility. We went on a weekday! Although it made for a Saturday full of schoolwork, we were able to just take off when the weather was nice. I am going to miss this in a few short years.

Middleton was SO fun! We spent a few hours roaming around in the gardens and at the stables. I also bought a $25 restaurant.com gift certificate to the restaurant there for $2 (woo hoo!) which made for a nice and relaxing (and cheap) lunch. The food was outstanding. If you are planning to visit, which I would highly suggest, do it before the scorching hot weather is on its way in for the summer.






Middleton also holds a special place in my heart because I took my wedding portraits on the property. It was fun reminiscing and showing Cole where all the pictures had been taken! My mom and sister and I have some great (and warm) memories of our day there! I can't believe it's been 1 year and 7 months since we were there. Here are a few of my favorites!









Thanks again to Fred Salley Photography!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post!!! Just loved this bridal gown and planning to have similar one for my wedding too that will be arranged at one of New York wedding venues. Have seen reputed store online where such wonderful dresses are available at decent prices. Will purchase from there itself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...