Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ Has Risen!!

On Friday night, our church had a Good Friday service. It was a very different service than what we are normally familiar with. The lights were off and the entire atmosphere was dark and heavy. The service was led by a powerpoint so that no one spoke and we sang, read, prayed, and took communion. The focus was on seeing the immensity of our sin. Isaiah 53 was the theme. 

On the way home, we discussed what value, if any, that a service has on having the focus solely on Christ's death without the resurrection. We determined that for us, it was indeed very beneficial! Today, the celebration in our hearts was so much greater, having first experienced how undeserving we are of Christ. I find myself often on Easter so thankful for the empty tomb with little opportunity to focus on His death first. 

On a lighter note...Cole and I dyed Easter eggs last night! Who knew this childhood tradition could still be so much fun!

Here are a few of our techniques! On this one we used a wax crayon to draw on the egg before dipping it. 

The next photo is called "marbling". I got the idea from Martha Stewart's Living magazine this month. Basically, you dip the eggs, let them dry, and then use a darker/different color with olive oil mixed in and dip again. Pretty cool! 

Cole marbled his Clemson egg too!

This is one of my favs. 
Happy Easter!!

On my run this morning, a bunny hopped out of the woods beside me! I got to see an Easter bunny today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...