Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Reading List

1. Heaven is For Real
2. And the Shofar Blew by Francine Rivers
3. Radical by David Platt
4. The Moon and the Mango Tree by Pamela Ewen
5. What Did You Expect? by Paul David Tripp
6. Desiring God by John Piper
7. Let the Nations Be Glad by John Piper
8. The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
9. As many magazines as possible!

So maybe this is a Summer and beyond reading list! Since I am still in school the thought of reading another book during the school year usually isn't a pleasant one. However, one of the things I look forward to the most in summer is catching up on my reading! To me, reading=relaxation, and I am pumped about that this summer! I am currently in the middle of numbers 3, 4, and 5 and they are all really great!! Radical is the book I am reading with my Bible Study this summer. We have just finished a year-long study of Isaiah that was really great and challenging, but mentally tiring. I am looking forward to a change in format to reading and discussing a book. I have heard wonderful things about Radical, and the first two chapters have proved to be so! It is a great book to begin after our trip to North Africa. The Moon and the Mango Tree is a novel set in the early 1900's in Siam (present day Turkey). It is told through the eyes of a newlywed girl whose husband just graduated from medical school and has been called to the mission field. Thanks Molly for the recommendation. It is a fun and light read! Cole and I are reading What Did You Expect? together with our Sunday School Class. It is teaching us a lot about marriage.

Have you read anything lately that you couldn't put down? Any must-reads? What is on your summer list? I would love to hear your recommendations!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! I had such a fun night with you. I love how quickly our friendship picks up right where we left off. :)

    The book I mentioned to you tonight that is a light and fun read is called "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" by Beth Hoffman. I look forward to reading some of the books on your reading list (and maybe one day reading the Chronicles of Narnia). :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...