Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spoleto, a bachelorette, and my rotation, Oh My!


For 35 years Charleston has hosted the world renowned Spoleto Festival USA. For two weeks May-June the city has wonderful performances and abounds with people from all of the world! My grandmother, JoJo, has attended this festival for all 35 years. In her "early years" she would come for the entire two weeks with friends. Unfortunately now her friends are too old to participate, but my parents make it possible for her to continue to come for a weekend each year. This time she stayed with Cole and me! We had a great weekend of performances and good food. This was our schedule:

Friday- Westminster Choir (at The Cathedral Church of St. Luke and St. Paul) and Emilie (at Memminger Auditorium)
Saturday- Chamber Music (at the Dock Street) and The Magic Flute (at Sottile Theater)
Sunday- Chamber Music (at the Dock Street)

I began coming with JoJo when I was in college and now I look forward to my weekend of culture each year :) 


Last weekend, the girls and I celebrated with Lesli at Wild Dunes. She is getting married in 2 weeks!!

My summer rotation has been keeping me busy. I am at Roper downtown this month and learning a lot.  My weeks lately have been busy with that, Bible Study, running, friends, and cooking..and lounging..if you can be busy with that?! I promise to post some recipes soon! I have some good ones to share! I probably won't be cooking for two weeks, thanks to my family's sweet friends who brought food to feed my parents and visitors this week. Good thing Cole likes leftovers! 

Thank you for those of you who have recommended books. I am going to add "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and "Saving CeeCee Huneycutt" by Beth Hoffman to my reading list! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...