Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Because I can't remember the resolution I made last year and I am way overcommitted, I have made a resolution not to make any more resolutions this year!

As you may remember reading here, Cole and I made the commitment back in August to read the entire Bible in a year. We haven't given up, and SLOWLY but SURELY we are doing it! I have just finished trudging through Leviticus. See Molly's blog post on Leviticus for some inspiration on what made me push through. Who would have imagined someone being so excited to start reading the Old Testament book of Numbers?! I am!! At that same time, we also committed to be more prayerful for the nations through the book Operation World. Although not everyday, we still continue to pray for a specific country when we ask blessing over our dinner.

It is humorous to remember the resolutions that I have made in the past, because, although mostly admirable ones, I have never kept one for the year in its entirety. I usually succumb to our media's "New Year, New You" ads and get on a health kick and make resolutions like... lose 5 pounds, eat healthy, drink more water, no more chocolate (what was I thinking?!?!) Maybe I can redeem myself with reading the Bible through this year. (Upon reading this blog, Cole reminded me that I had kept my running log for whole year in college, logging nearly 1,800 miles!)

What is the most unique resolution you have made in the past? What New Year's Resolution did you make for 2012?! What FRESH START are you cultivating?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...