Saturday, January 7, 2012

Disappointment

When we first looked to buy our home, I loved everything except the light that dangled over the open space for our kitchen table. I told Cole that this light HAD TO GO. Over two years later, this utility light still remains there.

I have had my eye on a replacement for a while, and I finally found what I thought was the perfect pendant light to replace it, Pier 1's Gold Leaf Light. Not only did I fall in love with its whimsical and young feel, but it was a steal at $88.

I unpacked it just in time for our "handyman" to come over and unfortunately, found out it was a swag lamp. UNADVERTISED! I don't love swags anyway, and even if I did there is no place to swag it!  Y'all...I even shed a tear! I tried to think of every possibility....Is there battery powered light bulbs? Can you change a plug to hard wiring? Can I fit the drum over the existing light fixture?

To no avail, I am returning it tomorrow.

I am now drooling over a few drum pendants from The Well Appointed House that are WAY out of my price range. Any suggestions? 

2 comments:

  1. Ashley - you can most definitely change a plug to hard-wiring! Swing into your local Lowe's and someone in there can definitely point you to the (inexpensive) items you will need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told that this wouldn't be safe because there wouldn't be a ground wire?! Is that true?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...