Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Homemade Christmas Gifts

This Christmas was the year of homemade gifts to my friends and family. I love about any craft or project, and because of our double-income student budget, I thought this year was perfect for it! Some people see homemade gifts as cheap, but I love giving and receiving homemade gifts because I know the time and effort put into them.

See this post for the Christmas cards we I made this year.

My mom found this beautiful pillow adorned with a painted oriented tree at an interior design store a few years ago. The painting made it a few hundred more dollars. She knew I could paint something similar on it, so she bought it plain. All I needed to begin painting was a reason to procrastinate studying for my pharmacotherapy final...sorry it took me so long, Mom! Thanks Patricia for the paint! (I thought I would need her artistic hand to make it look presentable as well, but I am proud to say I did this by myself!)





My sun-loving sister and cousins from way yonder (up north) received these seashell ornaments made from shells that Cole and I found over the past year on the Low Country beaches of DeBordieau, Edisto, Folly, IOP, Sullivan's Island, and Hunting Beach (Beaufort). I also made picture frames that I used for our Chinese gift exchanges. See Molly's Christmas By the Sea on how to make them!
Snowman...He's my favorite!!

Sweet Angels
Seashell Wreaths

These are fringed cotton scarves. Thanks Louise for the idea to make them! My mom called it a Hot Flash scarf because they are loose fitting around the neck and super lightweight. Sorry Mom, but you even said it yourself!! I am selling them for $10 if anyone wants one! I can make them in about any color. I saw them just this week in a store for $42. 


And this...was a gift of pure love...Merry Christmas to my brother, William!


What is the best homemade gift you have received? I am already scouting for Christmas 2012 ideas. Let me know if you have any!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...