Sunday, January 29, 2012

Charlie Post Classic 2012

Yesterday morning I ran the Charlie Post Classic 15K on Sullivan's Island. This is the third year I have participated, and it is one of my all-time favorite races. It is a small race = no hassle with parking and crowds. The distance is great and I get to enjoy the beautiful scenery while I listen to worship songs.
The other nice thing about a small race is that I can place! I finished 4th in my age group and 99th overall. 

4 268 ASHLEY SIMS 01:12:46 7:49 F 24


99     268   ASHLEY SIMS            01:12:46   7:49    F       24        

Crossing the finish line!
 I finished exactly a minute faster than last year, so I was pleased! I believe it was because I had Cole there cheering me on! Getting out of bed this morning was a challenge...every muscle in my body hurts...Not because I wasn't well-trained, but I did run it faster than my normal daily pace. Could it also be that I took a speedy shower and went to work for the day (on my feet for hours)?!

We did make a pit stop at Triangle to grab a free mimosa on our way in from SI. No worries people...just 1...I am a responsible pharmacy intern!

Hopefully my body will feel better before the Folly Beach Half Marathon next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...