Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weart's Wisdom

This past week was super busy! Every night I had something going on. (I say that like it's unusual, but really every week is full of school and activities.) Here is a "small dose"... 

Tuesday night I was inducted into the Rho Chi Pharmaceutical Honor Society. Our speaker was one of my favorite professors, Dr. Wayne Weart. He is an accomplished and nationally renowned name in the pharmacy bubble, having hundreds of publications and being THE expert on drug interactions and cardiac pharmacology. Most importantly, he is a man of God. MUSC is fortunate to have him!  He gave a very motivating speech, and my favorite advice he gave came from a quote by James Michener. It states, "The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both." What a great quote! Dr. Weart lives out this out. His hobby is pharmacy, and he is a model for me to always look at my career as my hobby. I think that being passionate about your career is vital to succeeding. So as this challenged me, I challenge you to find something you are passionate about and pursue it! I hope you can each find joy through a career or job like I have in pharmacy. And if you are in a career or job and unhappy, I challenge you to look for things to be thankful for! 




I hope pharmacy will continue to become and stay my play, leisure, and recreation.

Wednesday night was another big event, one that I had been looking forward to all year - dinner at President Greenberg's House. This is one of the perks of the Presidential Scholars Program at MUSC. Dr. and Mrs. Greenberg live in a beautiful home on Sullivan's Island. It was a wonderful evening to be wined and dined on their big front porch and enjoy the new friends I have made through the program this year!

Dinner menu


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...