Sunday, March 20, 2011

Staycation

Cole and I went on "staycation" today - a vacation in our hometown - to Charles Towne Landing. Being that this is Cole's spring break, it was a beautiful Sunday, and we had a Groupon to go for free, it was a perfect day for a date! 

I have visited Charles Towne Landing a few times in the past for weddings, one for my cousins and one more recently for my dear friend Tricia that got married (She and and all of us, her bridesmaids, are in the current edition of "Charleston Weddings" magazine in the Gown Boutique ad, where Tricia and I both got our wedding dresses!) I knew the park was pretty, but today I realized how much more there was to see! We enjoyed the mini zoo (with bison, elk, turkey, deer, and pumas), strolling through the park and occasionally stopping to sit on a bench and enjoy this beautiful place we live, the gardens, and all the history. The flowers were blooming and I loved seeing new life popping up every where! Here are some pictures from our outing today. 

We love self-timer on the camera and use it all the time!




Spring is here!

I guess we do take a lot of "honeymoon shots"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...