Friday, February 24, 2012

My long-awaited rotation schedule is here!

My 4th year rotation schedule was finalized this week! It is hard to believe that I will be finishing up the didactic portion of pharmacy school in a few short months. My rotations run from May 1, 2012 until April 30, 2013. I have 9 rotations during this 12 month period, so I have 3 months off...July, December, and April. 

I was pleased with my schedule for the most part! I am most excited about going to Barney's pharmacy in Augusta, GA. They are at the forefront of many new things in pharmacy, and I anticipate that I will learn a lot. Barney's also has a huge patient counseling and community education program that I hope to be involved with during my month there. The thought of leaving Cole for a month is heartbreaking, but at least I will get to see him on the weekends. I am very thankful for my friend Caroline and her family for offering to open their home for me. I will also be spending a month at Deyten's Pharmacy at the shipyard in North Charleston. This pharmacy is connected to Harvest Free Medical Clinic, where both Cole and I have enjoyed volunteering while we have been in Charleston. It is owned by some great family friends, and I am looking forward to being a part of it! Maybe Cole can swing a rotation there at the same time too! My other community pharmacy experience will be at Plantation Pharmacy. I have two acute care rotations at MUSC. I will be working on the internal medicine floor with Dr. Bohm and on pulmonary medicine with Dr. Bullington. I have 3 ambulatory care rotations, two of which are at the VA clinics and the other one at Dr. Durrence's family practice on James Island. My institutional rotation is going to be with a Mt. Pleasant home infusion company. 

I am really looking forward starting these rotations, but I do not want to wish away my student schedule too fast. (Rotations will be more like a "job" with homework). During the waiting process before this schedule was released, I took comfort that the Lord has total control over the details of my schedule. I trust His placement and timing, and I am anxious to see what He has to teach me! I pray that most of all, I will learn and further develop the skill-set I need to be a competent professional and a compassionate pharmacist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...