Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mountains

This post is about a week late, but I couldn't help but share our fun weekend in the mountains with Ruthie and Sam. 

Despite the cold frigid air and whipping wind, it warmed up just enough during the day to hike, fish, and grill.


Sam is an expert fly fisherman. He taught Cole the basics on the lake, but I think the fish were too cold to bite. Ruthie and I settled for a walk to keep our bodies moving and warm!


 We had too much good food all weekend, and needless to say, our coolers went back nearly empty!


Grilled pork skewers
Ruthie and I also did a little baking. We improvised and got creative with baking tools. They must have worked because our pastries were very tasty!!
Beer bottle as a rolling pin 
Grill tool
 I told you it was cold...

Hiking, cooking, eating, reading, napping, and games...sounds like every trip we take to the mountains...and that is what I LOVE about it!

Ruthie is teaching me how to make homemade sourdough bread. My first batch goes in the oven this morning. Hopefully it will turn out good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...