Sunday, October 2, 2011

What We Eat During A Busy Week...

Do you ever have those weeks when you don't know how it is going to all get done? That was last week and this upcoming week for me. Cole has started his surgery rotation, which means terribly long hours at the hospital, and I am swamped with tests and work. Cooking usually goes on the back burner, and anything quick, easy, and nutritious is my goal. 

What makes for an ideal meal for me during these weeks? 
1. Easy and fast
2. Includes ingredients that I usually have already
3. Makes a lot of food so we can eat the leftovers for a few meals
4. Something Cole has made before so he can help out
5. What I call all-in-one...protein, veggies, and carbs in one dish. 

Here are some of our favorite "go to's" when times are busy! 

 This crock-pot soup is one of Cole's favorites. It is really cheesy, and he sure loves cheese.

 We also raid the freezer. During these times, I am always thankful when I have made extra of dishes and stored the rest away. We also have two wonderful moms that love to send food home with us when we visit :)  I made a whirlwind trip home yesterday and Mom gave me two dishes to bring back, a chicken pot pie from Kudzu Bakery and a crab casserole from Get Carried Away (Isn't that the cutest name for a carry-out shop?!). These will definitely be on the menu this week.


What are your favorite week night meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...