Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lights Out

Cole and I have been dying to go camping, so to celebrate Cole's first day off in 19 days we headed around the corner to James Island County Park. It wasn't the mountains for sure, but tucked in the woods you can image you are anywhere. It was just what the (almost) doctor ordered!

Cole received this 2-person tent as a wedding gift.
It is the perfect size and assembles easily!



I made Bacon, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder for dinner at home, packed it up, and we enjoyed it by the fire. It was yummy and saved a lot of clean-up by making it at home. The good thing is that with Cole, I rarely have to worry about what to do with leftovers! (On a side note, I have stopped buying raw bacon altogether. I can't stand the smell or the grease when I cook it. I have decided that no matter the coupons I get on the real deal, I will resort to turkey bacon or pre-cooked bacon only.)

Next, S'more time! Cole built the perfect size fire to make dessert and to keep us warm. 



It seems really late early when you are out in the woods, so needless to say we got a good, full nights rest. We sure did need it! We took a pleasant morning cruise through the park on our bikes and then headed home.

Camping trips with my family are some of my favorite childhood moments. I realized last night that I hadn't spent a night in the woods since Daddy took me to Ecuador before Cole and I got married. I still love camping, but in short increments like this trip. It sure was nice to come home to a real potty and hot shower!

The camping trip was good practice for our trip around the country next year. I told Cole that I was happy to camp SOME of the nights. I am getting really excited about it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...