Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rotation # 2

It is hard to believe that my second rotation is coming to a close this week. This month I am working with a family doctor in an ambulatory care setting. I have learned so much! My days consist of spending a ton of time in the room with patients, helping with treatment decisions, medication counseling, answering drug information questions for the staff (and researching them when I don't know the answers), returning voicemail questions, free lunch, and a few less glamorous duties like cleaning out the sample closet.

After this week, I am on my summer vacay for the month of July. Cole is "off" of rotation duties as well, but he will be vigorously studying for step 2 of his medical boards. He takes them at the end of this month. The first step of boards was definitely a low point in our schooling, and we are committed to making this experience a little more positive. Don't get me wrong, Cole did amazing on his test, but the every day grueling experience can get the best of anybody...

After putting in some hours at work this weekend, we are headed to Sullivan's for the week with my family. I cannot wait! In between Cole's studying, we also have plans to see "The Lion King" with Cole's parents in Greenville, bike the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and celebrate our third wedding anniversary.

While he is hitting the books, I have a few lingering projects that I am ready to bring to a close and a few new ones to begin...
1. Finish my Interprofessional Fellowship paperwork
2. Sell alpaca yarn on Etsy
3. Paint bud vases
4. Plan more of our trip out west
5. Knock out most of my final Grand Rounds presentation that is due in September
6. Finish my Bible
7. Have my sister teach me how to make homemade laundry detergent



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...