Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Marian!

We are in full-swing birthday season for my family. My brother, sister, and I all have birthdays within a month of each other. See this post for my brother's birthday. Marian turned 20 on Monday, and I will be a quarter century at the end of the month. I can't believe my parents don't have teenagers anymore!

We celebrated with surprise birthday party for her at Wine and Design in Mount Pleasant. It was so fun!!



I wish I had taken a photo of the cupcakes I cooked in lieu of a cake. Two of Marian's favorite things are pineapple and carrot cake. After seeing this recipe, I decided to try combining them both into a cupcake. This kitchen experiment turned into Carrot Cake Cupcakes with a Pineapple Filling and Homemade Buttermilk Cream Cheese Frosting. Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't the class so much fun!? Your painting looks great! I wish you had taken a pic of those cupcakes too...they sound incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...