Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Small Dose

Have you all been enjoying this weather as much as I have?! It has been so nice not to have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a morning run in outside. Whew! 


School started today!! It was so fun to see all of my friends. I can't believe I am a third year already!


Last weekend, my mom and her sisters came into town for my cousin Lauren's baby shower. It was fun celebrating with her! We had quality Williams girl-time with them, my other cousin Saragayle, my sister Marian, and myself. This picture is of my aunt May-May (soon to be grandmother) after she gave this beautiful hand-sewn quilt to Lauren. We all were amazed at her handiwork and asked "How long did this take?" She answered, "I don't exactly remember; I had it finished 5 years ago!!" She has been praying for a baby for a while :)  So excited about getting a new baby in the family! 

Cole made me these awesome milkshakes this week. Here is how our conversation went: 
Me: Cole, do you want to go downtown and walk tonight (we often do this in the summer)?
Cole: Haven't you already worked out today?
Me: Yes
Cole: Do you mind if I finish my reading and we can do it tomorrow night?
Me: not at all!
(INSERT 30 MINUTES)
Cole: Ashley, do you want to go get ice cream from Harris Teeter and make Oreo milkshakes?
Me: Uhhh...
Cole: Come on, haven't you already worked out today?
Me: Yes, I have! And, that sounds delicious!
(OFF TO HARRIS TEETER WE GO)


Good alternative to a walk, huh?!

We are off to DeBordieu for the weekend. We plan to relax, read, exercise, walk on the beach, and go to Brookgreen. Maybe we will even see a turtle nest hatch!

I had a blast this past week attending the Charleston Bloggers Social and got to meet some fun girls!  I met Amanda, Kim, Christina, and ChristyAshton and her friend are heading this new blog up called The Belles of Saturday. Whether you are in to football, food, or fashion, you will like this one! 

It has been fun to see a few new followers on my blog too! 

thebellesofsaturday.blogspot.com.png

So, in the meantime, check out their blogs! Enjoy the weekend!


(Not so sure what is going on with my fonts! I will leave this problem for another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...