Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sale Time

Believe it or not, my friends, the summer is almost over! For me, this means school starts, fall weather comes, and....IT'S SALE TIME!!

One of my favorite boutiques is Gwynn's in Mount Pleasant. If you haven't been before, you should check out their website. This upscale department store has everything, including the best lines in clothing, cosmetics, gifts, and home accessories. They even do all their alterations in-house. Gwynn's is a bit pricey...pricey enough where I walk in and say, "People would actually spend that on one item...unbelievable!" It is especially expensive for my newlywed clothes budget....except for twice a year, August and January. These months mark the end of one season and the beginning of next. In order to change over the store merchandise, they start discounting at 50% and taper down to 70%, then 70% plus 30%, and then 90%. Very nice and expensive clothes become affordable, and comparable to what I can find in a consignment shop.

How convenient that I work next door!!!

Since I earned a small scholarship for school this year (yay!! and finally!!), Daddy rewarded me with some money to go shopping! Check out these steals deals I picked up when I shopped during the 70% plus 30% sale last week. (Usually I find a pair of shoes or two, but no luck this year.)



 I racked up!!! Aren't these great items?! Thanks Daddy :) 


I am one to buy nicer things and keep them forever, which is why I love Gwynn's. Everything is first class and I usually need some help with style :) Seriously, I still wear clothes from 9th grade. I take special efforts to keep things looking nice. On the other hand, my sister's clothes personality is a bit different. While she loves nice clothes too, she would rather buy trendy pieces at much less cost and have more of them. I find myself in basics a lot, but she always looks right in style. What is your clothes/shopping personality? 


I try to keep the mindset of these verses when I do shop because I am tempted to be materialistic....But, an adventure is fun every now and then, and everyone needs clothes to wear right?! 


Luke 12:22-23 "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; 
or about your body, what you will wear. 
Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes."

1 Timothy 6: 6-7 "Godliness with contentment is great gain. 
For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it."

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, 
where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, 
where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves 
do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, 
there your heart will be also."


If you decide to venture out, my favorite person that works in women's clothing is Casey. She is super cute, attentive, honest, and likes a good deal too! Maybe I will see you there in January....I have to keep myself out of there until the next deal comes around!!


1 comment:

  1. Great purchases!! I need to stop by and check out the sale too! Nice meeting you last night, hope to hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...