Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Transforming Thanksgiving Leftovers

I don't know about you, but the Sims are eating leftovers this week! I am so thankful to have a husband that really loves leftovers (He actually thinks some dishes are better the second go 'round.) I like leftovers myself, but after 4 Thanksgiving meals, I was in need of ways to transform our thanksgiving leftovers.

On Tuesday night I made Turkey Tostadas with Cranberry-Chipotle Sauce, inspired by Southern Living. I tweaked it a bit, and it was delicious! With the Mexican touch, you would never think you were eating Thanksgiving fare.

I bagged multiple containers of both ham and turkey for the freezer to use in soups later this winter and to shred on salads too!

After a long day at school/hospital and a run downtown, Cole and I were starving! Turkey nachos and cheese were calling our name...I thawed some of the turkey I had frozen this weekend, used some leftover ingredients from last night's meal, and voila! 

My mom and sister made Turkey Cranberry Pinwheels from Pillsbury last year and they were a hit! Maybe I will try this one soon. 

What do you do with thanksgiving leftovers?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...