Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm Home!!

Our house was a joyous place this weekend! I am HOME and finally back in the swing of things...unpacked with no mail, clean laundry and a clean house. 

In many ways, my time in Augusta felt like a mini vacation.  Among other things, Lisa and Allen spoiled me with home-cooked dinner every night. I thoroughly enjoyed this time getting to know them! We shared our love for cooking, and before I left they gifted me with this cookbook to remember my time in Augusta. Not only did Mrs. Lisa cook many recipes from the book that I now have to keep, but most of the illustrations were photographed at their house. It is a treasure I will keep forever to remember them, their hospitality, and my time in Augusta. 
Junior League's Tea-Time at the Master's Cookbook 
Despite my excitement of getting back in the kitchen, especially with a new cookbook, our weekend turned into a spontaneous culinary tour of Charleston...I am not complaining though! Friday night Cole treated me to a welcome home dinner at 17North. We have been wanting to try it, but hadn't made the trek to Awendaw yet. We had a great time together and the food was very good! On Saturday, after both pulling in some early hours at work and a few Spoleto shows downtown with Mom and JoJo (my favorite being the Charleston Symphony Ensemble production of African American spirituals), Cole and I headed to the bar at Husk for a cocktail tête-à-tête and hors d'oeuvres, courtesy of Mom. Cole quickly chose the cheeseburger and I the fruit and cheese plate. Cole ended up ordering a second cheeseburger...does that surprise any of you?!?
Husk Bar
If that wasn't enough indulging for one weekend, we all headed to the Sunday Gospel Brunch at Hall's Chophouse after church. Absolutely incredible. I recommend it to anyone. Seriously, make reservations and go!
Hall's Chophouse
Back to reality, a diet, and cooking...first off, basil pesto from the herbs outside before they take over the place!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...