Monday, October 8, 2012

Back at it

As most of you know, although I avoided this fact on my blog, Cole was in Charlotte for the month of September experiencing the internal medicine program at Carolina's. Not ideal to be apart, but we made the most of it! I went to visit him on the weekends as often as I could. While Cole worked, I spend my Saturdays at Starbucks preparing for my Grand Rounds presentation at school (which is now complete, thanks to the good Lord)! I also thoroughly enjoyed running the greenway, "bootie loop", and the Meyer's Park cross country trails. One of my favorite things we did in Charlotte was a visit to the Graham Family Homeplace. What a gem! Definitely worth a stop if you are in the area. 


I have long had a love for Thomas Kinkade's work. He was known as 'the painter of light', and this hand-painted mural entitled "The Cross" lives up to his reputation. It sits floor to ceiling in the Billy Graham museum.

We also had a wonderful dinner date at Rooster's. One of the many things we enjoyed was this sweet potato soup with homemade toasted marshmallows and spiced pecans. I will definitely be trying to duplicate this one in my kitchen.  Thank you Grayson for the recommendation!


While Cole was gone, I had fun girl time with Mom, JoJo, and Marian. Mom, Marian, and I saw Beth Moore at the North Charleston Coliseum.  It was so cool to worship and listen to the Word in the midst of all these women! Look at all of us!



JoJo and Mom treated us to dinner at FIG during Restaurant Week in Charleston. FIG was probably the only restaurant not on the list. Oh well, we were craving it! FIG stands for "Food Is Good", and good it was!


Since Cole was gone, there are really no food updates. I reverted back to my college diet of hummus or cereal for dinner :) It was a nice break, but I was anxious to get back in the kitchen! Charlotte was a great experience for Cole, but I am so thankful he is home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...