Thursday, August 9, 2012

A little crafting

In my month off I squeezed in a little crafting...I had a lot of ideas, but these were the only two that came to fruition. 

Prayer calendars with Brittany and Beth
I often get overwhelmed with everything I want to lift up in prayer. I love this idea of a calendar because sometimes I need a little direction in my prayers. It allows me to pray specifically for things and people throughout the week, but also the freedom skip it altogether and pour out my heart. My college one was a bit dated,  and a new one made for a fun afternoon with sweet friends at Starbucks.

Painted bud vases for Mom

I love clipping flowers and greenery from the yard.  Cole says he can tell when I've gotten the clippers to our rose bushes and black-eyed susans, but I don't believe him!  I get this from my Mom who always uses a little bit of our yard to brighten the inside. We also share a love for little tiny bud vases to put them in. Promised a few months ago, I was happy to finish these for her! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Did Lydia get those at Restoration Hardware? I think I remember she getting them when Jojo and your mom came to Charlotte Christmas shopping!
    I love the prayer calendar! Could I ask a little favor and can you "crayon" me in specifically under family! Thank you! I really do respect and admire your prayer life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...