Sunday, May 1, 2011

Farmer's Market Outing

I am almost embarrassed to say that I have lived in Charleston for almost 2 years now and, until yesterday, have not been to the Charleston Farmer's Market at Marion Square.  Frances and I walked down to the market and had so much fun! Many local vendors and farmers set up booths from 8am-2pm every Saturday from now until around November and sell (and give samples!) their handmade and homegrown goods. The market also turns into an open-air cafe with various cooking booths. Frances and I enjoyed a yummy crepe! Since now is the beginning of the summer produce, it was in abundance. I snatched some baby squash and zucchini and butter beans. I also purchased some handmade ravioli. Their were so many pastas I had a hard time deciding! I ended up with  1) goat cheese, lemon, and chive  2) crab and avocado  3) butternut squash...YUM! And, what a fast dinner! I cannot wait to try them.  The cans in the picture are sweet potato butter and balsamic pepper jelly. Of course, a trip to the farmer's market wouldn't be complete without bringing home a fresh bunch of flowers!

I will be out of town the next 3 weekends, but after that, I plan to be there on Saturdays! Call me if you want to join!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley- I have not been either! I'd love to go sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...