Sunday, July 31, 2011

What is being served on our table this week...

First off, here is my handsome husband on his way out the door at 10pm last night to the ER to work his first night shift! Even though I am sure this post will embarrass him, I couldn't resist a picture! I am so proud of him for making it to this point in school and excelling at it! Not to brag, but speaking of being proud, I am pretty proud of myself because I stayed alone at our house for the first time last night. Can you believe it?! 2 years and I have been too scared to do it! So, I buckled up, made myself act my age, and did it!

He has been awake for about 38 of the last 40 hours, so it is time for us to call it an early night! 

As of now, this is the weekly menu! After a trip to both Mt Pleasant's new Trader Joe's and my old friend Publix,  I can't wait to get to cooking :) Cole and I have been on-the-go so much that my time in the kitchen has taken a back seat. One of the things I love about vacation is not having to think about meals, so the break was good but missed!

Most of these are recipes that I haven't tried before, so I will have to post an update at the end of the week. Most of you probably know by now that I don't repeat recipes much these days. I am trying out a lot of them and writing down the "keepers". This is the perfect stage of our lives to do this, and Cole is the perfect husband to do it with because he will eat and enjoy most anything.

Tonight-  Basil Pesto Turkey Panini on Ciabatta with Cheese Sauce, leftover butter beans

Monday (Our official anniversary!!)- Baked Grouper (in lemon, parmesan, butter, and panko), Onion Risotto, and sauteed squash and zucchini. Glazed Peaches and Yogurt Ice Cream for dessert :)

Tuesday- Bourbon and Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin with a spinach salad (with a raspberry preserve and mango chutney dressing).

Wednesday- White Bean, Mushroom, and Asparagus Cassoulet

Thursday- Heirloom Tomatoes with Fresh Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans and leftovers!! If we have leftover pork (and who knows with Cole!), I plan to slice it and place the pork into a hot biscuit filled with Blackberry Basil Butter.

I am going to make a quick run by the Mount Pleasant farmer's market on Tuesday afternoon since I didn't get to go to the one downtown this weekend.  Anyone is welcome to join me!

I have recently seen a few great recipes for homemade popsicles. If I can put my hands on a pop mold, I will make these healthy and tasty treats. They sound so refreshing in this heat wave! I would prefer to get creative myself, but some starter recipes can be found here, here, and here.


What's on your table this week?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy girl! i found a popsicle mold at target! good reminder- i need to get a menu going for this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...