Monday, July 16, 2012

Green Monster Smoothie

Cole's parents recently splurged on a Vitamix, and after enjoying some awesome smoothies at Cole's house last weekend, I decided it was time to give the green monster craze a try...

I'll admit that the idea of leafy greens in a smoothie doesn't gross me out (spinach is so mild I knew it wouldn't dominate in taste)...but the color does. My idea to overcome this was to make a smoothie that is supposed to be green anyway...kiwi and green grapes! Into our cuisinart went green grapes from Aunt Julia's backyard, plain greek yogurt, kiwi, spinach, 1 package of splenda, and ice...


Not so bad! Good, actually! In fact, the Green Monster has creeped its way into our normal breakfast routine this week. I haven't had the desire to branch out much, but with my grape supply now depleted, I may try a berry base next (and hope it doesn't turn brown)..eek!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    If you make a blueberry smoothie it hides some of the green. And I usually put it in a colored plastic cup that has a colored straw so the greeness doesn't throw me off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...